Test to verify the following functionality:
- The user can access the product detail page from the product grid.
- The user can select a product variant and add it to the cart.
- The user can complete the checkout process.
- The user can make a payment.
- The user receives order confirmation screen and order confirmation email.
- Test must be completed two consecutive times to be considered passing.
- Test must be completed using all three user type variants to be considered passing.
- PayPal Express needs a personal sandbox account to test. See the PayPal documentation for more information.
- The user will receive a confirmation screen, displaying the order ID, the user’s email address, items ordered, shipping address, payment method and order total summary.
- The user will receive a confirmation email, displaying the order ID (as a link to the order confirmation page), order creation date, order status, shipping & billing address, payment type, items ordered, and order total summary.
- User Type: Anonymous, New, Registered
- Payment Provider: Example Provider, Authorize.net, Braintree, PayPal Express, PayPal Flow, Stripe
- Shipping: Flat Rate, Shippo
- Taxation: None, Custom Rates, Avalara, TaxCloud
Test Setup Steps
- Payment processing and shipping must be enabled as a prerequisite to this test.
- All of the following setup steps must be done while logged in as an admin.
- Follow the Payment, shipping, taxation setup instructions here
Starting at the shop’s product grid page click any product to view the product detail page.
Click on a product’s variant to select the product then click the “Add to cart” button.
From ether the cart pop-up or cart drop down click the “Checkout now” button to start the checkout process.
Fill out the appropriate account and address information for the user type:
- Anonymous User: Click “Continue as guest” button and enter an email address. Fill out the address details.
- New User: Enter new user credentials into the register form. Fill out the address details to create the account’s default address.
- Registered User: Click the “Sign in” button below the register form and enter user credentials. Select a shipping address if needed.
Select a shipping option.
Fill out appropriate payment information for the payment provider and click the “Complete your order” button.
- PayPal Express: will open in a modal window, follow the sets using a PayPal sandbox account. More info how to create a sandbox account here.